Sunday, October 2, 2011

BloodLust (9)

Chapter Nine





"Hello Renesmee."

The voice startled me. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there not moving an inch. The body from which the voice came start to remove itself from it's place by the fire. My father's place.

"My, my, how you've grown over such a brief period of time."

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"All in good time, all in good time."

He started to mess with his workman's gloves that he had on treating them like they were precious things that only men of great wealth had. When he was done rearranging his gloves he slowly looked up at me and gave me a devilish grin. I could finally get a good look at him. He was tall with a wide brim cowboy hat on and a dark colored duster jacket on that was buttoned almost all the way up. His face was hard to get a good look at because the only light source was the fire in the hearth. On his belt loop though there was a long sword sheath with the sword still there.

My heart stopped.

"Ah," he breathed, "Here comes your lovely family, now."

I came out of my daze and looked at him puzzled. Then my senses finally kicked in. I could hear them coming.

The door was kicked in by, of all people, Jacob. He was soon followed by the rest of my family, minus of course my mother and father which surprised me for no matter how they felt, injured or not, they'd protect me in a heartbeat. They all gathered around me in a protective semi-circle. Jacob, of course, directly in front of me.

"So this is the infamous Jacob. Enchante." He gestured towards my husband like he was trying to make a move on him. Jake snarled.

The man retreated like a danty little girl.

"Viscious aren't we."

"Victor," I heard my grandfather say.

"Ah, Carlisle! Mon cher ami."

"Don't dear friend me. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I was just in the neighborhood looking for some fun. You know how much I like fun don't you, Carlisle?"

"Grandfather," I managed to say, "Who is he?"

"Oh yes, little, precious Renesmee. I am the wonderful Victor. I have watched you grow from a far only to later enjoy you the way I want."

"What?"

"He preys on supernatual half-breeds, Nessie," Alice managed. "He stalks, 'feeds', and then…"
She stopped.

"Kill," Victor said with relish while looking in my direction.

"Why?" I asked slowly coming out from around Jacob.

"Because half-breeds are a beautiful and awful thing to behold. They deserve to die, but why can't I also have my carnal desires filled as well? Besides you are the most beautiful out of all of my years in this profession. It's a shame that I'm going to have to kill you."

"You aren't going to do anything," Jake professed after his pregnant silence.

"Oh, be quiet dog. No one gives a damn what you have to say."

"I do," I said stepping up to Jacob to give him the support.

"Oh, but of course. The lovely little missus has to agree with her husband, even if the husband is a literal craddle robbing mutt."

Jake started to lunge towards him but Emmett and Jasper got a hold of him before he could do anything.

Victor laughed.

"I suggest you leave now,Victor," Carlilse said after Jake was calmed a little. "Please don't return. She is not yours and she'll never be. You know my piece."

"Yes of course, love." Victor stroked Carlilse's cheek like a lover. Esme flinched.

With that Victor left but gave me a glance saying that this wouldn't be the last of him.

I was so confused. This was a man who preyed on half-breeds and was a slayer of sorts and apparently knew my grandfather from some time ago. My head swooned with thoughts and I became dizzy and started to faint.

Jake caught me.

I must have blacked out because the next thing I knew I was in my bed and Jake was lying beside me. He looked utterly distraught and sad.

"Jake?"

He looked at me with his sad, heavy puppy dog eyes. He'd been crying.

"Oh, Jake. I'm so sorry."

I curled up to him, thowing my arms around him attempting to wrap them around him.

"Nessie, no it's all my fault."

"No, love it's mine. He wanted me, not you."

"No you just don't understand. The fault is totally and utterly mine."

I had no idea why he was being like this but I didn't really give a damn. I was safe with my Jake.

I snuggled more into him and we just lied there until we fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment