Sunday, October 2, 2011

BloodLust (6)

 Chapter Six




We walked down the stairs together arms linked to the twenty something people that waited in the living room. The living room was too beautiful to describe. The entrance way to the room had two pieces of fabric tied back and leaving a little down to make it look like it was a window and I was looking in at the sight that beheld me. The chairs that the guests sat in had big light gold ribbons tied around them. At my father’s piano, which stayed up here for a lack of space issue, there sat someone who played one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Beige and baby pink roses were placed everywhere and their petals left a trail to where my Jacob stood.

After my look around the room, my eyes became locked at the man that was about to become mine forever. He stood there staring back at me with almost the same intensity that I was. He was in a traditional black suit and bowtie which would normally look funny on him, but today it had the total opposite effect on me. He looked so amazing that I wanted to run to him and have him hold me and make this all vanish so we could start out life together. But I didn’t. I had to control myself and be patient.

We finally reached our destination after what seemed shorter than I thought. My father then turned to me and placed a kiss upon my forehead then took his place next to my mother who was tearing up really badly. Jake extended his hand toward me and I took it. I never let it go the entire time I was up there. I handed my bouquet to Leah and the worst part of the wedding came, the actual ceremony.

My head started to wonder as the preacher started his speech on love and how Jacob and I came to be, but he didn’t know the whole story just the part of our relationship that mattered, and all the other stuff that is said in a wedding. I just stared at Jacob and thought of how happy we were going to be and that everything I thought before was so really silly.
Jake had to squeeze my hand to make me come out of my daze. I hadn’t realized that it was my turn to say anything yet.

“Renesmee?” the preacher asked. It sounded like he was saying this for maybe the third time.

“Hmm…” I said like I was still in my dream.

“Please repeat after me.”

I repeated the vows that were said to me and as I said them my eyes filled with tears. Through the blurriness that was being caused by my tears. I could have sworn I saw Jake tear up too.

Then Jake said his part and then I knew the best part was here.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

Jake then took my other hand and pulled me close to him. Our lips met and it was the best thing I had ever felt in my life. Every happy thought I ever had with him came flowing to my head and remembering these moments overwhelmed me and I kissed even harder back.

Then Jake broke the kiss and then turned us to face our family and friends.

It was done.

Jake and I were now legally bonded together forever.

The reception was not big or elaborate, but it was nice. The garden outside was done almost as elegant as the inside of the house. There was a dance floor set up and tables and chairs surrounding it. Lights hung from the trees and everything thing was the same color scheme as the inside was.

Jake and I had our first dance, or sway was more like it for neither of us was a great dancer, to our song that we had for what seemed like ever. When the song was half way through the others who felt like it joined in on the dance floor; I lifted my head only to see my parents dancing closely together. They looked beautiful and so in love. I knew I wanted what they had and that I had found it. I turned my head to Jacob and he looked at me.

Those deep brown eyes pierced my soul and made my knees weaken a little. Luckily Jake had a hold on me. He then lowered his head and placed a light kiss upon my lips. We lingered there until someone tapped him on his shoulder.

Then began the passing of the bride.

I was first passed to my father. He seemed so happy for me. I could tell by his eyes. They were the hazel color that stood for all is calm.

“I’m so happy for you, love. I wish Jacob treats you like you deserve.”

“He will Daddy. If not you will know.”

He smiled.

We danced until the song was over and then I was passed to Grandpa Carlisle. He beamed as he took me in his arms. He seemed so very proud and happy for me. It made me happy that he approved. If my parents weren’t so into Jake, this would be the man I would listen to for his approval.

After the song I was then passed to almost everyone and then I found my way back to my Jake. I took his hand and never let it go for the rest of the night. It was a perfect day with the almost perfect ending.

The reception was not that long, or it was long and I didn’t realize how long it was because I had a love struck expression on my face the whole night when I was with my husband.
Husband.

It felt so great to say that in my head and even better out. I was getting more thoughts about how to say that wonderful word a familiar deep husky voice pulled me out of my happy thoughts into an even happier reality.

“Mrs. Black,” the voice called to me.

I turn and I see my Jacob standing there in his wonderfulness. My heart beat became faster as the words that left his mouth entered my conscience. I walked over to him and stood on my tippy-toes to reach my arms around his neck.

“Yes, Mr. Black?” I said as I pulled my face closer to his.

He laid a gentle kiss on my lips.

“Nothing. Just wanted to hear how wonderful that sounded out loud.”

I beamed. It was like we were on the same wavelength that night. It felt wonderful. I kissed him back. As we were in out embrace I heard a noise come from the side of us. We separated to look where the noise came from. It was Alice along with the rest of our family.

“Well,” Aunt Alice started, “It’s time to get you changed Nessie, so you guys can go on your honeymoon!”

I almost forgot about honeymoon. I didn’t even know where it was going to be or how long we were going to be gone for. Then again I didn’t care. As long as I was with my Jake I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment