Sunday, October 2, 2011

BloodLust (4)

Chapter Four

The day was going so well, until my worst nightmare was becoming a reality. Someone was in that forest with us watching us in a moment that was ours. Then I realized that this was the meadow, and I was here with Jake

“Jake. Don’t leave me here. Don’t go.”

“Quiet, Bels.”

“Bels?”

He realized what he said as soon as he heard me.

“I’m sorry. I meant Nes.”

“Why would you be calling me Bels, Jake?”

“No particular..”

“No what Jacob? Why are you calling me by my mother’s name?”

His head cocked again.

He heard the noise again. I suddenly remembered what was going on. I shut up.

Jake transformed into his wolf form and ran towards the sound that he heard.

Then I heard a loud crash. I ran to go see what it was. I saw Jake and he was on something that looked like a darker version of him, and then I realized who it was.

It was Seth.

He must have been spying on us and Jake heard him.

When Jake was through pulverizing him, Seth came out of his wolf form. He was naked, but this was nothing new to me. I knew that they were naked when they came out of that form, so it was no shock. I just looked at the shoulders up.

“Hey Renesmee!” Seth beamed.

“Hey..,” I said.

Jake was too furious to come out of his wolf form.

“What were you doing out here Seth?”

“I was sent to find you guys. Alice wanted you guys to be all nice and clean before the party started and since I came early to see if I could help, she sent me out here to get you guys.”
Aunt Alice. She knew what was going to happen between me and Jake, so she sent a little errand boy to do her dirty work.

“Well when you and Jake go back please tell Alice that I will not be attending.”

“Is this because of that whole name thing?”

A shot a dirty look at him.

“Oh okay. I’ll tell her.”

Jake just stood there. He looked like his heart was ripped out. How did he think I felt? Being called by my mother’s name. My mother! Why would he do that?

I ran to the house. I was going to spend the night alone and by myself. Maybe I would have a movie marathon…hmm…

When I got to the house I knew Dad had to hear me a mile away with my thoughts at top volume.

“What’s the matter love?” He asked that like he didn’t know.

I looked at him.

“Oh…”

“Yeah. Not the greatest thing to be called by your boyfriend.”

Dad just sat there. There was no sign of mom, so I guessed she was up at the main house helping with the party for Mister I fantasize about my girlfriend’s mother.

“He hasn’t done that in a long time. Trust me he would be dead if he did.”

I looked at him.

“So you mean he has before?”I asked.

“Yes, but that was a long time ago. Way before you were born.”

“But then why did he say mom’s name instead of mine? I was the one that was there not mom. I was so scared Daddy.” The tears started to come. “I thought the dream was coming to life.”

“I know, love, I know.”

He took me in his arms.

I loved my father. He knew what to say and when to say it even when he knew almost everything because of his talent.

“Now let me tell you something, love. I have never seen Jacob as happy as he is when he is not with you. The only time I have seen him like that was a long time ago when we did not get along well we do now, and even that’s to some extent. You are his only reason for living. His people imprint on one person and one person only, and you were his special person that he made this choice. Yes, he called you Bels, but you have to understand last time he was in a situation like that one was when he was protecting your mother from some really bad people. It was only natural for him to go back to that moment in time and think of that, thus manifesting into what he said. Understand?”

I nodded my head.

“Now you go clean yourself up and I will tell everyone you are still coming to the party. Grandpa Charlie is coming and he hasn’t seen you in a long time.”

I did what I was told and went to my room to clean up. Yeah Jake had made a mistake, and I overreacted, but who wouldn’t? You just get through spending an almost perfect moment with the one you love and then it to be ruined by something that you thought was becoming real and getting scared.

I heard Dad cough really loudly. Either someone was here or he didn’t want me to think about what I was thinking and get ready.

I decided to wear my favorite blue silk dress that Aunt Alice picked out for me the last time her and Uncle Jasper went to Europe. I put my hair in a messy bun and applied a smoky look with my make-up. I grabbed Jacob’s present that I already bought before he made his request; it was a gift certificate to a parts shop in Port Angeles.

I came out and Dad was still there, but he must have changed while waiting on me. He was wearing a button –up shirt and some khaki pants. Not different from his normal dress, but he looked better for some reason tonight. He offered me his arm and we walked to the main house where everyone waited for us.

The living room was out done in white balloons, which were everywhere and little white candles placed around the place, nothing too fancy, because Jacob wouldn’t have liked it. Aunt Alice must have had a hard time trying not to go lavish.

Everyone was there. Aunt Rose and Uncle Emmett were back from their three month honeymoon in Europe. It was like the millionth one they’ve been on. Grandpa and Grandma Cullen were there as always. I loved seeing my grandparents. They gave me this feeling of completion for some reason whenever I saw them. It was nice. Uncle Jasper was there. He just came home from the community college after teaching there. He was a professor there teaching American history. I saw my mother talking to Embry, one of Jacob’s friends, in a corner. She looked unbelievable. No wonder Dad was crazy about her. There seemed like there was nothing wrong with her like they were made for each other. Then I saw the rest of the LaPush gang over by the table; Sam, Emily, Quill, Jake’s dad, Leah, and Seth. Grandpa Charlie was with Mrs. Clearwater, Seth and Leah’s mom, by the fire place. I decided to go say hi to him since I saw him the least.

“Hey Grandpa!”

He turned towards me in shock. He must have thought I was mom.

“Hello sweetie,” he said as he gave me a hug. “My you look like Bella in that outfit.”

Thought so.

“Thanks. Hi Mrs. Clearwater.”

“Hi Nessie. How are you dear?”

“I’m fine. I’m fine. So have any of you seen the birthday boy yet?”

“No not yet,” Charlie said as he was going to get something to drink.

“Would you like anything ladies?”

“No thank you, Charlie.”

“Yeah no, thanks Grandpa.”

I started to wonder off myself to see where Jake was. I went up stairs to see if Alice was up there too see if she had seen him. As I came to her room I heard voices come from inside.

“You think she’ll like it?”

“Oh Jake she’ll be beyond happy.”

“I hope so. I’ve been waiting a long time for this.”

“I know you have. Are you sure this is okay with Edward and Bella?”

“Yeah they said it was fine. They knew this day was coming. Why not let it be today?”

“True.”

I decided I heard something I wasn’t supposed to, so I started to make my way down the stairs when they came out of the room.

“Renesmee?”

Dang it.

“Hey, Jake. Alice.”

“Hello sweetie,” Alice pranced towards me, “I’m going to leave you two alone.”

“Thanks,” Jacob said as she glided down the stairs.

“Jake. I am so sorry about earlier. I overreacted.”

“No I’m the one at fault. I shouldn’t have let my mind slip like that. Especially after..”

“Yeah.”

“So am I forgiven?”

He looked at me with those puppy dog eyes of his. Then I noticed how nice he looked. He was actually wearing dress clothes, and his hair was cut short. He must have done that after I left him in the woods. I have never seen him like this before. He was gorgeous.

I walked up to him and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

“Forgiven.”

He beamed and kissed me back.

Then he grabbed my hand and bounded down the stairs only to stop at the last one.

“Stay here,” he said.

I stayed as he turned to everyone else.

“Everyone, may I have your attention please?”

When everyone’s attention was grabbed he turned back to me.

“Nessie. Renesmee, I have known you your entire life. Your clumsy days, your sad days, and even your happy days. I have been there for you always. We have always been there for each other.” He took my left hand at this point. “And I want there to be more of us for years to come.”

He kneels down on one knee.

“Renesmee Carlie Cullen, I am and will forever be completely and utterly in love with you. Will you please do me the honor of being my wife?”

No comments:

Post a Comment