Sunday, October 2, 2011

BloodLust (2)

Chapter Two



I sometimes envy my parents for not being able to dream. No matter how much they say they miss being able to sleep and dream. I wish I would stop having this dream. Being the ultimate end to my best friend is not something I would not want to wish upon anyone.

When I awoke it was as if nothing had happened. The only difference from all the other times is that Dad was standing next to my bed this time as if he was waiting for me to get up. He just looked at me. I could tell he was reading my thoughts. He always had this face that I could just tell when he was doing that.

“You know I wish you’d stop doing that.”

“Doing what?” he asked.

“You’re reading my thoughts. You’re not even trying to block them out.”

“I’m sorry. But when I hear strange sounds coming from my daughter’s room, I tend to wonder what the cause of them is.”

I stared at him. I didn’t know it had gotten to the point where I was speaking in my sleep.

I then decided to let him know more clearly, so extended my hand and he allowed me to show him the reoccurring dream or reality that I have been having.

“So this has been a repetitive thing?”

“Yes and I don’t know what it means.”

“Neither do I love, but I…”

He cut off and let out a familiar sigh. I knew that sigh because it happened often. It meant Jacob was here.


“Daddy, please tell him I don’t want to see him today.”

“I don’t know, sweetie. He seems persistent about something and I think you should see him today.”

“How can I after what my subconscious has just shown me?”

He didn’t reply.

He left and went to open the door for Jacob. I decided to get dressed and head out of my room to greet the one person I just dreamed of killing.

When I got to the sitting room Jake and Dad had already situated themselves in their usual places, Jake on the floor because he was too big for the furniture and Dad in his chair by the fire. Jacob got up as soon as he heard me enter. Dad didn’t move.

“Hey, Jakie,” I said trying not to sound like something wasn’t up, but there was something.
I have seen Jacob before. Tall, dark , and muscular. But today a new word was added to the list.

Handsome.

My head was playing with me. I never in all my life felt like this about him. Why now? Was it because of my dreams? Were my dreams trying to tell me something other than that I want to secretly kill my best friend that I’ve known forever?

“Hey,” he said pulling me out of my head, “Let’s take a walk. There’s something I need to tell you.”

Oh no. He wanted to go for a walk. Outside. I know I’ve had the dream before, but I couldn’t go on a walk with him after this episode. It was just so vivid. “Okay sure.”

I take one look at my father and leave with Jacob.
                                                                             
We started walking in the woods. I take his hand like normal and we walked in silence. It felt like an eternity before he spoke.

“Nessie.”

We stopped. He pulled me to face him and took my other hand. I looked down at our hands and then up at him. His hair was shoulder length now. Just the way I liked it. My eyes made their way to his. They were so brown and deep. My heart did a flip. Why was it doing this? We’ve done this a billion times. Why was now so different?

“What’s up, Jake?”

“There’s been something I’ve been meaning to tell you for awhile, but I waited for your Dad to give me permission for me to do this.”

Wait. Permission? There’s only one thing you ask a father for permission to do and this couldn’t be it. We haven’t even thought of each other like that, at least I didn’t think he did.

I gave him a confused look.

“When you were born I did something that made me bound to you forever, and I think now is the time to tell you how I’ve felt about you all this time.”

Wait  he’s felt something for me since I was born? What was going on? Yes I vaguely remember something happening when I was younger that no one would tell me about. They would always say, “When you’re older love.” Well now that I was older, in appearance and mind, I didn’t know this was what they were talking about. Jacob had feelings for me. We were friends, best friends. We did everything together. But I had no idea that somewhere deep inside of him he had the feelings that were now, for some reason, swarming inside of me. I didn’t know how to respond to him. My head was spinning with thoughts that all of a sudden made sense. It wouldn’t if I said them out loud, but they made sense in my head and for some reason that’s all I needed.

“Nessie?”

I looked up at him.

My Jacob. My best friend. My soul mate?

We stared into each other’s eyes, and we knew the feeling was mutal.

Then some force in the world pulled us together and our lips met with such a passion that it consumed my whole body. My heart felt like it was going to burst, but I couldn’t pull away. I gave in to him completely. 

And he matched me but with more passion and fire than I thought he could ever have.

Then all of a sudden my mind made me think of the nightmare that had been haunting me forever. The dream of me killing my Jacob.

My love.

I broke away as fast as I could. I couldn’t do this not when that dream was so real.

“What’s the matter?” he asked .

“I have to go.”

“But Nessie…”

I didn’t stay.

I ran home.

And there I remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment